A Quick, Nutritious, and Satiating Snack
While I love all things wellness, I unabashedly admit that I'm not the best cook in the world. I'm constantly experimenting, and I'm fortunate to have a partner with a good palette. Usually around 2 or 3pm, my hunger flares up a bit and I'm searching for a healthy snack to satisfy my craving. Below is a quick snack that provides a healthy energy boost, and keeps me full for hours.
1 or 2 slices of whole grain toast
- Contains B vitamins which promotes red blood cell production and cell growth
- Facilitates digestion and quenches thirst
- Stabilizes blood sugar and baseline insulin secretion
- Contains oleic acid, a healthy type of monounsaturated fat, which can help improve insulin sensitivity
- Fortifies bones and muscles, and lowers risk of stroke and heart disease
- Improves blood and connective tissue formation
- Benefits our DNA, brain longevity, cellular health, heart health, and memory
- Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral
- Improves cholesterol, lowers triglycerides, and reduces oxidative stress
- Beneficial for 'gut health'